Thursday, May 17, 2012

Satmar rebbe Rav Aron Teitelbaum reiterates his position that his chasidim should not attend the Asifa as well as the Siyum Hashas

Click here for audio in Yiddish


 free translation in english:


I  would like to say, the medrash in this weeks parsha says "each day I would think to go to a certain place but my feet drag me to the bais hamedrash". There is a world out there full of propoganda telling me to go to a certain place, a world of propoganda saying one must go to this and this place (Internet asifa) but my feet drag me to the Bais hamedrash. I remember in the  bais medrash  the fiery Shalosh Seudos torah that was said as well as the drashos of  which I heard from my uncle  Zichrono Livracha (Satmar rebbe Rav Yoel). Anyone who walked through his doorstep understands what the holy rebbes position is regarding this matter. A heimisher yingerman, his place is not there (at the asifa) and not at the siyum of daf yomi (Siyum hashas). Those who understand will understand  and those who dont wont. Have a good day.

The rebbe was alluding to the fact that the Satmar Rebbe Reb Yoel was against any gatherings of rabbis belonging to the Agudah.



No comments:

Post a Comment