as of 2:50 p.m
THE SIYUM WILL GO ON AS PLANNED
Tomorrow August 1st despite the weather forecast.
This was posted on theyeshivaworld.com
Rabbi Shlomo Gertzulin, Siyum HaShas Chief Operating Officer spoke with YWN and stated that people are encouraged to bring along rain gear – and the stadium has made an exception – and WILL allow umbrellas into the stadium. You may want to bring along a hand towel to dry your seat, should it be wet. In case of any rain during the Siyum, tens of thousands of ponchos are prepared for attendees.
The current weather forecast for Wednesday August 1st calls for 50% chance of thunderstorms. Siyum Organizers are monitoring the weather conditions, still hopeful to have the Siyum IYH on the expected day. If weather conditions will not be favorable at the time of the Siyum Hashas it will be postponed to the next day Thursday August 2nd which has been the Rain date. This decision will be made on the Morning of Wednesday August 1st at 8:00 AM.
You can bet The Agudah will use all media outlets at its disposal to notify Siyum hashas attendees, in the event that the Siyum is rained out and postponed to the next day.
Any sponsors for ponchos with Binoculars too??